Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12th, 2016

Hola everybody,

This week was a pretty cool. I got transferred from my area. I am now training a new elder in an area in my old zone. His name is Elder Goyes from Ecuador. I never though i would have the opportunity to train but I'm pretty pumped to be able to do.I didn't believe it at all when the Zone Leaders told me that i was training but i am very excited. Elder Goyes is super cool. Hes a convert of 4 years and he is super prepared for the mission. He knows a lot and hes ready to get to work here. 

My area is called Hamacas. Its a ward of about 130 active members and its an area with a lot of people with a lot of money. This first week has been pretty rough finding people to teach because we are also opening this area. But we made some good plans in Ward Counsel to work with the members a lot here. Its an area where not very many people get baptized, but the members are super strong here. More than anything I'm just excited to be able to work in a new area and meet new people.
This week i was reading the Conference talks, and one that i really like was by Elder Cornish. " We must stop comparing ourselves to others. We torture ourselves needlessly by competing and comparing. We falsely judge our self worth by the things we do or don´t have and by the opinions of others. If we must compare, let us compare how we were in the past to how we are today- and even how we want to be in the future. The only opinion that matters is what Heavenly Father thinks of us." I like that because it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of us. The only thing that does matter is what God thinks.We should try and compare ourselves to Him, and see what we need to do to become more like Him everyday. That was something that i like a lot from this conference.
Other than that the week was pretty chill. My comp is super cool and I'm super pumped to be here. Have a good week. Love you all!!!!!!!!
Love Elder Crisp
(1my comp)

No comments:

Post a Comment