Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16th, 2015

My first week in the CCM has been pretty sick. I told you about the 2 other missionaries that came with me. But when we got here that night they had no idea why we came a day earlier then everyone else but it was all good. Me and the other Elder got to go to the Temple too so that was good way to start off. It was sweet to hear the session in Spanish and Im really glad I worked in the temple because the workers didnt have a card to read off in spanish so I had to say it in English and they didnt know it in english so they had to trust I would do it right.Wednesday was when we started all our training stuff and a bunch of different teachers talked to us. Im pretty disappointed though because the day before I got here Elder Bednar came here to speak so I missed by a day. The only thing we really do here is wake up go to class for like 9 hours a day and then go back to bed so its pretty boring. But My companion , Elder Martinez, is really cool. He reminds me so much of Stephen because hes super sarcastic and really funny. The other Elders in my district are cool too so it makes the classes a lot more fun. All the other Elders that have been here for 4 weeks say this place gets worse and worse the longer you´re here and talk about how its pretty much a low security prison and it kind of feels like that already. The food here is honestly a lot better then i thought it would be. Theres chicken and rice every luch and dinner but its really good and you dont really get sick of eating it cause its really good. Sunday was the best day of my week for sure because we got to go to church and take a break from spanish for a day. The CCM Presidency gave a bomb lesson about our purpose has missionaries and it was super spiritual. One of the counelors started the Sacrament meeting by say that BYU won again off a hail Mary so that got everyone pumped up. Yesterday a General Authority came and gave a devotional. It was in spanish so i literally didnt understand a single thing he said but the Elders that could said it was good. Today for p day we got to go to the Temple again which was awesome. And after we went shooping at this place called Tottus, which is like the Wal-Mart here. I felt good to get out of the CCM and see the city, which is crazy. There is so much traffic and crossing the street was a real life game of Frogger cause the people dont stop for anything. Im having a lot of fun here so far and Im so happy to finally be on a mission. I dont know if this is longenough for you mom but its all I got. I love you and miss you all so much already but I know this is where I nned to be.

Love, Elder Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment