Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23rd, 2017

Buenos dìas Familia,

This week was pretty crazy. I got transferred again and i am no longer training. My new area is Valle Sanchez and my new comp is Elder Aguilar from El Salvador. I'm pretty pumped for this new area. It's a little Branch like an hour and a half outside the city. So far the branch is pretty cool, its a little bit different but its cool. There not even a chapel here, its just a house they rent. But there is a lot of support from the members.

This week there was a baptism too of a girl named Emma, ill send fotos of that so you can see. Other than that I'm just kind of getting to know the area and the people here so there's not much to share.
I was reading the Liahona from January and I like the message from Dieter F Uchtdorf about the bow and arrow. "As Church members, we sometimes have a tendency to attach ourselves to gospel programs, issues, and even doctrines that seem interesting, important, or enjoyable to us. We are tempted to draw targets around them, making us believe we are aiming at the center of the gospel..." He then shares the scriptures where Jesus talks about the 2 great commandments and that all the other commandments fall beneath those 2. It made me think that if we really love God and we want to show that love, we aren't going to pick and choose what commandments we do and don't want to keep. And as a missionary that happens a lot. There's rules that "don't make sense" or things like that but as we always say we have to obedient with exactness. It applies for everyone hahaha. 

That's it for this week. I love you all. Have a good week.

Elder Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment