Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30th, 2017

Hello everybody,

This week was pretty awesome. A lot of pretty sick things happened. First off we had our Conference with Elder Cook which was probably the best part of the week. We also had a worldwide broadcast with all the missionaries and the changed a lot of things for the mission. We also had a bunch of really good citas and we have a baptism for this next Saturday, so it was a pretty packed week.

The Conference with Elder Cook was pretty cool. He didn't really talk much about anything in specific but he did share a few stories and answered a few questions. What he did share was from D&C 31. He talked about the importance of the Spirit and in verse 7 it says 7 Yea, I will open the hearts of the people, and they will receive you. And I will establish a church by your hand. He made it clear that if we do what we need to and we are worthy that He will open the hearts of the people but that we would be the tools in the Lords hands. He told us that we were the ones chose to establish the Church as missionaries. That was really good, but i think the best part of what he said was at the end Elder Cook said, "I decided that I'm going to be more specific with you guys about my testimony of the Savior. I know that He lives, I know the Savior's voice, and I know His face, and I am a witness of His divinity." I felt the Spirit in that moment stronger than I think I ever have in my entire life, It really confirmed my testimony that this is the only true church on earth. I am grateful for the opportunity to shake the hand of an Apostle and to hear his sure testimony of Jesus Christ.

The baptism we have this week is a guy named Daniel Paz. He is super cool. He just moved here from another ward where he was receiving the lessons but he lacked a few things. He is super excited for Saturday. He has changed a lot of things to be a part of the church and he has a strong testimony too that this is the true church.
That's about it for this week. I hope you all have a sick week.
Love Elder Crisp
(random pictures of my area)


No comments:

Post a Comment