Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9th, 2017

Hola,

This week was pretty good. Its still been a bit rough finding people to teach here but were working hard. We had a visit with an investigator named Jose Alfredo. He is pretty cool. We taught him about the Book of Mormon yesterday and he accepted to read it. He is pretty catholic so he always asks us "Where does it say that in the Bible." But we explained the BofM and that it helps us to understand even better all that and he accepted it. It was a really good visit. Other than that this week we visited a few less-actives and had some good visits with them. 

This week i was listening to a talk by Elder Holland that I loved from Oct 2014. Its the one where Jesus is talking to Peter after he is resurrected. It puts the conversation in his own words. He says, “Then Peter, why are you here? Why are we back on this same shore, by these same nets, having this same conversation? Wasn’t it obvious then and isn’t it obvious now that if I want fish, I can get fish? What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So, Peter, for the second and presumably the last time, I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you exactly what they did to me.”

I love this because the Lord asks us to do the same. He asks us to truly love him and do the work His Father sent him to do. The message we have is the most important thing we have and we need to share it. And we need to be willing to defend it even they do to us what they did to Him. I love that talk a lot.

Hope you all have a sick week and that you're all ahappy. 

Elder Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment